Wednesday 17 February 2010

Building a light box for photostencils

I want to make a light box for my workshop so that I can make photostencils. This means that I can print drawings and finer detail than is possible when using brushes and other media on fabric. I might find it useful for paper printing as well.

I am going to use an old Ikea wooden storage chest. I will use 275W photolight bulbs bought from Jessops online. The printmaking workshop have kindly given me the contact for the photoemulsion. I may need to build the wooden chest up a bit higher so that the lights spread out evenly. I have had a heavy sheet of glass cut to size and bought the lamp fittings to hold the bulbs.


The exposure time required is going to be hard to work out. I anticipate finger-freezing and frustrating experiments in a chilly workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment