Saturday 27 February 2010

Application application




Diana Hand


Detail from screen print December 2009








Yesterday I sent off catalogue entry for the British Craft Trade Fair, held in April. This is a big decision, because choosing an image now commits me to working within a certain framework. I chose an image from work done about two months ago. I like this work, it can be interpreted in different ways. It should also be fairly straightforward to build on the simple shapes and textures.


Screenprint on paper for FVOS

I now have to start putting my main energy into preparing for this show. This includes making some samples and planning for the presentation. I am experimenting with the photostencil system which is not set up and ready to go in the workshop! Tomorrow I will do some test strips.


I am also committing myself to the Forth Valley Open Studios event, which is to take place in mid June this year for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment