Wednesday 1 June 2016

George Martin 1926-1916



Martin mentoring the Fab Four


Check out this link for tributes to George Martin by other musicians.  Here is his obituary written by Adam Sweeting of the Guardian.

It is 3 months since Martin's death. His story was remarkable.  At the time an Arena programme was re-released, outlining his life.  What was remarkable was his association with the Goon Show.


Spike Milligan, Peter Sellers and Harry Secome
 I can remember this show, but I never "got it".  My loss.  They were all brilliant people.  Martin did a lot with Sellers in particular.

In the interview for Arena, Martin talked about the relationship between visual art and music, how he gained inspiration from looking at paintings.  Sorry, I noted this down at the time but cannot remember more.  If I find my notes I will add to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment