Monday 22 October 2012

Starting to paint

Trying oil paint for almost the first time - in recent memory, that is  Fortunately I had kept my materials from art school and inherited some more from my artistic mum.  So here goes.... There is such a mystique about this kind of painting, but it is just another method, after all.  By all accounts the easiest.  Well ...
Colours look a bit different here from reality, and strangely, the first attempt looks better than the second one, which I thought is working better.  Neither is complete as yet.

Some of the kit
Sketches on the gallops

A tonal drawing from one of my Newmarket photos
Movement




















First attempt - studio context


2 comments:

  1. I do like these equestrian oils, Diana ~ you shouldn't feel vulnerable: 'First attempt' is beautiful, Degas-y, very atmospheric, full of balance and movement. Love it!

    ReplyDelete