Thursday 29 April 2010

Those screens again


Halfway stage for screenprinted silk scarves







I know I have quite a bit of new work to do, and fairly soon. But today I did not yet have the energy. And I needed to sort out my messy silk screens first. Some needed new mesh, others needed a new border of gum tape plus varnish protection, others need to go to the jet wash to remove remnants of photostencil. So I got started on this. These jobs are such an important part of my work, and they prime and balance me, too, for when I really need to collect up all my energy! Then it flows naturally.

Tomorrow I will go to print studio but not to work as I still have cold symptoms and it is anti social behaviour to spread those around. Just to buy some paper.

I tried out some thin blue stencil liquid to make a pattern direct onto mesh. I like that way of working. But...I have had this product for a VERY long time. How strange that only now is it making sense to use it. I think my experiences at the print studio have taught me so much and helped me be more confident about new possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment